Working Together to Build a Better Future
The KeepSpace philosophy is about changing the way we do things: creating unprecedented partnerships to build a better, sustainable Rhode Island. We invite anyone concerned about Rhode Island and its communities to come to the table – whether community members, businesses and local government, or those dedicated to improving the economy, infrastructure, environment and homes. By creating a forum for all stakeholders, KeepSpace allows them to work together, instead of separately, encouraging respectful interaction and cooperation. Each partner’s perspective, experience, concerns and input are considered and discussed throughout the process; issues are resolved collaboratively and opportunities are maximized, often resulting in unique, integrated solutions.
- Work collaboratively toward a healthy, prosperous and sustainable Rhode Island;
- Put personal and professional interests within the context of the common good and greater community;
- Consider new ways to think about achieving our collective and individual goals;
- Agree that community is defined by more than geography;
- Examine communities at the grassroots level, the 40,000-ft level and at many levels in between;
- Understand that improving connections between communities is important – that no community can thrive economically and socially on its own;
- Consider the six KeepSpace Elements to be equally important;
- Agree that healthy, vibrant communities can only be possible when agencies, businesses, governments and residents work together;
- Keep channels of communications and processes open;
- Respect every opinion.
KeepSpace Partners work together to achieve their shared vision of creating a sustainable future for Rhode Island through KeepSpace Communities: where neighbors meet, people work, children play. These Communities incorporate the six essential KeepSpace Elements and as many of the KeepSpace Principles as possible.