The KeepSpace philosophy brings together everyone involved in or affected by the community to work together, instead of separately, toward a common goal. Everyone involved is respected as a partner and therefore we learn from each other, bring our ideas and concerns to the table throughout the process, and resolve issues together, often devising unique solutions. This unprecedented level of partnering is what KeepSpace is all about.
- Work collaboratively toward a healthy, prosperous and sustainable Rhode Island;
- Put personal and professional interests within the context of the common good and greater community;
- Consider new ways to think about achieving our collective and individual goals;
- Agree that community is defined by more than geography;
- Examine communities at the grassroots level, the 40,000-ft level and at many levels in between;
- Understand that improving connections between communities is important – that no community can thrive economically and socially on its own;
- Consider the six KeepSpace Elements to be equally important;
- Agree that healthy, vibrant communities can only be possible when agencies, businesses, governments and residents work together;
- Keep channels of communications and processes open;
- Respect every opinion.
KeepSpace has many types of partners: Key Partners, Community Partners and Ambassadors. In addition, Key Partners may become a part of the Advisory Committee, which provides the leadership for KeepSpace.
The KeepSpace Advisory Committee (listed at right) is made up of Key Partners who take the most active role in KeepSpace and all KeepSpace initiatives. Key Partners, who are actively engaged in KeepSpace and do not benefit from KeepSpace funding, may be recommended for and voted into the Committee. Advisory Committee members play a vital leadership role in this groundbreaking initiative and provide oversight for all KeepSpace practice. They commit to listen to and respect the community’s ideas and concerns and ultimately find ways to create communities that reflect the local culture, are embraced by residents and stakeholders, and have a positive impact on homes, jobs, businesses and the environment.
KeepSpace is not possible without partners. Join us in building a vibrant sustainable Rhode Island through KeepSpace Communities: where neighbors meet, people work, children play. To learn more about KeepSpace or partnership opportunities, please contact Amy Rainone at 401 457-1256 or complete a brief form to answer a few questions that will enable us to send you information tailored to your specific partnership interest.